Before you do any type of job, preparation is important!
Let's prepare to Paint the Exterior of your home
- Remove items such as planters, mailboxes, shutters, house numbers, hoses, light fixtures, outdoor furniture, etc.
- Protect any bushes or items that can't be removed by covering them up with drop cloths.
- Put drop cloths under the areas you plan to paint.
- Power wash or clean as best you can.
- Fill in holes and cracks with caulk and prime surfaces as needed before painting your house's exterior.
- Once the primer coat has dried and all your preparations are complete, you're ready to paint!